Click on link above for more information and sample lecture slides.
CMS 100: Introduction to Media Studies
- Convening the gateway Media Studies course at MIT–this entails drafting a new syllabus, grading essays, and providing in-person lectures.
- This course also fulfills MIT’s Commmunication Intensive (CI) requirement, so significant this course also entails significant writing and presentation instruction.
- Course provides an introductory overview of the diverse arenas of media studies, including:
- Industry, commodification, and political economy
- Representation and media text analysis
- Media policy and regulation
- Media technologies
MIT’s Kaufman Teaching Certificate Program
- Accepted into and completed MIT’s Kaufman Teaching Certificate program (2023).
- Interactive, assessment-based workshops throughout spring 2023 to better evidence-based teaching practices.